Advanced features include:
- Protocol Flexibility – EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, PROFINET IO
- DualConnectPlus™ Technology – connect raw/ASCII devices (serial and/or Ethernet) to PLCs and/or applications simultaneously. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters
- Web-based Configuration – makes configuration changes quick and easy
- Diagnostic Capabilities – informative message logs, communication, and status pages
- Unique protocol-specific features – Peer-to-Peer Modbus/TCP, Write-to-Tag EtherNet/IP, etc.
- Temperature rated for extreme conditions
- Rugged Housing – with panel, rack and DIN rail mounting options
- PortVision™ Plus – remote monitoring and management software to automatically locate DeviceMaster UPs on the network, enable user to view status, update firmware and resolve issues remotely
- …and more!
Comtrol has developed three unique Modbus firmware applications designed to provide flexibility, reliability and ease of use.
Modbus/TCP Firmware – Connect your PLC, SCADA system or HMI to a raw/ASCII or serial device – supports both master and slave devices and featuring PortVision Plus remote management software
Modbus Router Firmware – The Modbus application that allows a wide range of connectivity options between serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks, allowing multiple types of masters to communicate with multiple slaves
Modbus Server Firmware – Ideal for diagnostics and system maintenance – provides connectivity between Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP serial devices up to six applications per serial port
Comtrol’s Modbus solutions support:
- Controller (local or remote) communication through Modbus/TCP, Modbus serial, Ethernet TCP/IP or COM ports
- Master or Slave (slave can be Modbus/TCP, Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII serial)
- Raw/ASCII devices connected via serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Simple connectivity or large scale Modbus networks
Master-to-Master Modbus Communication
A structure addition to a large oil and natural gas platform needed to establish communication with the original control system – but the Modbus device configurations on each structure were both designed to communicate as masters. Traditional Modbus communication takes place between a master and a slave. Comtrol developed an innovative solution to allow master-to-master communication using the DeviceMaster UP industrial Ethernet gateway… READ MORE >>